Some interesting work done by Chong Han Chua where he used a node.js script to scrape the entire appstore, saved the results in an sqlite db and wrote a Java visualisation program that groups the average colours of icons into an interactive spectrum display. Includes full source and a video of the visualisation running.
Dr. Rosalind Picard demonstrates two technologies for measuring emotional response that were invented at the MIT Media Lab and are being developed into products at Affectiva.
Interesting article here.
- We Love Datavis – A History Of The Beatles As Told By Their Hair –
- We Love Datavis – Why You Should Stop Drinking Bottled Water – I'm actually a strong supporter of this cause
- FTSE 100 – A 26 Year History on Datavisualization.ch –
- We Love Datavis – Top Secret America – the results of a two year… –
- We Love Datavis – The FreshBooks Economy –
- We Love Datavis – A documentation of a single iTunes playlist I’ve… –
- Dancing Makes You Smarter –
- The cost of 14 million iPhones – Apple 2.0 – Fortune Tech – Very interesting financial analysis of what's going on behind the curtain at Apple